70 years of collective legal experience providing services to families in business empowers the lawyers at Sydney Business Lawyers to bring value to “startup” businesses.
Our expertise is cradle to the grave in the life cycle of a business from choosing and setting up the right business structure to the succession stage of the business whether through a sale or merger or handing it on to the next generation or by way of a management buy out. It includes capital raising, shareholders agreements, supply contracts, terms and conditions of trade, transactions, other legal documentation, risk management, legal compliance, intellectual property and taxation advice.
A product of our expertise is our fixed price “startup” legal documents service.
The service is intended to give “startup” entrepreneurs a fixed price cost effective solution for their essential legal documents.
This allows a “startup” to focus on their business development, operational and marketing requirements with certainty about their startup legal spend, that their startup legal documents are always available to them when needed and that they will be supported in the use of the documents.
Our “startup” legal documents service works like this.
If you want to engage with us for the “startup” legal documents service:
- you will pay us the agreed fixed price mentioned below
- we will supply the documents listed below
- we will give you the 5 hours of our time mentioned below
Do any conditions apply to this “startup” legal documents service?
It is not possible for every legal document to be 1 size fits all. So the documents do come with the warning that while every care has been taken by Sydney Business Lawyers in the preparation of the documents and in providing for their broad application, we cannot guarantee you that they will always work exactly how you want them to work or that without legal assistance, you will be able to make the documents work the way you need them to.
So that is why as part of our “startup” legal documents service we give you 5 hours of our time to support you in using the documents.
You can use that 5 hours however you want, whether it is Sydney Business Lawyers working with you in the management of the documents to further craft them how you want them to be, negotiating them with third parties, revising the documents after those negotiations or in any other way that you may require legal advice about them or about anything else in your business (so long as we have the skill set to advise you).
We will work with you to help you get the best value for your spend.
You get a full 5 hours and not a lawyer’s 5 hours by way of 6 minute units.
What do the documents look like?
The documents are written in plain English and are set out in a way that makes it easy for you to use them by putting all variable data in a schedule where it can be easily found and tracked through the documents.
Each document will where necessary have basic user instructions so that, subject to the following condition, you can complete the documentation yourselves.
The documents are white labelled so you can put your own branding on them.
The cost is $8,000 + GST payable before the start of the service delivery and us providing you electronic access to the documents.
What is the normal value of this “startup” legal documents service?
If we supplied each of the startup” legal documents on a single use stand alone basis the cost would be nearly $40,000 + GST and that amount excludes the 5 hours of our time, which takes the total value of this service to in excess of $40,000 + GST.
What about copyright?
As mentioned, the documents are white labelled so you can put your own branding on them.
As part of our service, you have copyright to re–use the documents for your own business purposes excluding the purpose of re–sale. The rights under the arrangement are not transferrable.
Our “startup” legal documents service is made up of these documents:
- A guide – 01 – Entity choice / Tax, Risk, Trips and Traps
- A guide – 02 – Entity choice / Table of comparisons
- A guide – 03 – 10 ways to devalue an investment
- Business asset sale – heads of agreement – a template
- Business asset sale – heads of agreement – a guide to doing a heads of agreement
- Buy Sell agreement – A guide to what is a buy sell agreement
- Buy Sell agreement – The buy sell agreement
- Confidentiality agreement – A general agreement
- Confidentiality agreement – An agreement for when your company engages consultants
- Confidentiality agreement – An agreement for when your company is looking at venture opportunity
- Convertible note
- Credit application
- Distribution agreement
- Employment contract – A checklist in preparing a letter of employment
- Employment contract – The letter of employment
- Employment contract – Fair Work information statement to be given to new employees
- Loan agreement – Making the loan – Related party loan agreement
- Loan agreement – Securing the loan – Related party general security interest / charge
- Minute template – directors
- Minute template – shareholders
- Premises lease – Heads of agreement – A template
- Premises lease – Heads of agreement – A guide to pre lease negotiation and management
- Shareholders agreement – Doing the agreement – The essential points to cover
- Shareholders agreement – A checklist of issues to consider
- Shareholders agreement – A heads of agreement – non binding
- Shareholders agreement – Capital subscription agreement by the investors
- Shareholders agreement – The shareholders’ agreement
- Shareholders agreement – Accession deed – Binding a new shareholder to the shareholders’ agreement
- Supply Agreement – Consultancy – Supply of services to your company
- Supply Agreement – Goods – Standard terms and conditions for supply by your company
- Supply Agreement – Goods & Services – Standard terms and conditions for supply by your company
- Supply Agreement – Services – Standard terms and conditions for supply by your company